Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yup, I did

So, I will admit, I am entirely obsessed with the Olympics. Staying up late has become commonplace in our home. We are planning our entire evenings around Phelp's next swim and the contest to see who the fastest man in the world is. This obsession has come at a cost. I am staying up so late that getting up in the mornings is very difficult for me. I have gotten in the bad habit of staying up til 2 or 3 and getting up after 9 closer to 10. So this morning Doug heads out for his early morning meetings and I am still in bed. Normally I get up when he gets going and spend Sunday morning looking over my lessons and helping the kids get ready for church. Today I woke to the ringing of the doorbell at 9:45. It was the teachers coming by to get Joe. Needless to say, I sprang out of bed and hopped in the shower. I got ready as fast as I could threw my lesson notes in my bag and ran to the car. I arrived at the chapel in plenty of time, High Councilor still speaking...ahhhh I sat down to relax in the foyer. Next thing I know Cathy and Theresa are giggling uncontrollably and Theresa has her camera out shooting pictures of my feet.
Ya, I really did.



On a totally different note, Millie came home from her vacation with the Moody's last night. I missed her very much. She was only gone for 5 days, but it seemed like forever. I 'm glad she had such a wonderful time, but I was happy to have her back home. My sidekick, my peanut, my Milfred.

4 comments:

The VIPs said...

alright, a minor mishap but really, who hasn't done that? I had an incident that involved going to work in one of my black shoes and one of Justin's black shoes....and hey, at least your toe nail polish was cute.

Heather Allison said...

Ha Ha that is so awesomely funny!!

the gregory's said...

ok those shoes really are BAD!! They are not even close to being the same! Just to let you know my mother-in-laws hair turned out soo cute too!

Shaul Family said...

Okay, how did I miss the shoe thing? Dang. Your hair is really cute.

US

Images from Camp 2008