Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween - 8913oh style






































All Hallows Eve. Our neighborhood, which I have bragged about before, does not let one down on this the night that kids ages 2 through 14 wait for all year long. Every year, we head out into the street at 6pm sharp. When the kids were small, our neighborhood was the perfect trick or treat utopia. 46 houses all of which are friends, ten thousand kids, a gate keeping em all safely contained and moms and dads walking at a leisurely pace around the block just one time . Home by 7:30 and Halloween was over. As the kids have gotten older, they have broadened their horizons. Our neighborhood has 2 sister neighborhoods which are set up just like ours. Last year we did 2 of the neighborhoods. This year we did all three.
We walked into the house at about 9:30 and figured we have enough candy to feed New York for about a week. The kids all agree, it isn't about the candy. They will give it all to the Bishop for his candy bowl next week. It is about being with family and friends here in 8913oh.

7 comments:

jori-o said...

I know it's wrong, but I covet your neighborhood.

Bennions said...

Looks like everyone had a blast just like they should. Muhahahaha.

sometimesgood said...

You are a blogging addict! I'm so impressed with all you do! You are wonderwoman. You should dress up as that next year! I miss the YW! Looks like fun!
Steph

MaudieV said...

I'm going to have to agree with jori-o, I covet your neighborhood also. But even more so, I miss teenagers enjoying the fun of Halloween and good friends to share it with.

The VIPs said...

wow, looks like you had quite a party!

jori-o said...

Hey Lady! Congratulations! You just got a bloggy award!! Come to my blog to pick it up! ;)

The Wallace Family said...

Yeah - I can say jealous because I say it frequently when I check out all of the cool happenings at
8913oh - Man those kids are growing up...

US

Images from Camp 2008